Adding & Managing Customers
Fast-Weigh Web Portal
You can manage your entire customer list from the Customers section of the Web Portal. This includes full contact information, payment terms, pricing level, and credit status.
If your organization will be using direct QuickBooks Online
integration, click here for instructions
on how to add customers directly from QuickBooks Online.
Adding & Managing Customers
- Navigate to Resources > Customers.
- Click the [+ New Customer] button to add a new customer profile.
Building Customer Profiles
Required fields are notated below with an asterisk *
- * Customer ID: This should be a short-hand code that is no more than 10 characters in length.
- * Customer Name: The full customer name, no more than 50 characters in length.
- Address: The main street address of the customer (for your reference).
- Phone: A main phone number for the customer.
Contacts: A space to store the customer contacts' names, emails, and phone numbers.
- Enter the contact's Name, Email, and Mobile Phone Number.
- Select the Distribution options for Invoice Emails, AR Statement Emails, and Ticket Notifications. The customer contacts' email or mobile phone number will then be used any time you initiate Invoice distribution, AR Statement distribution, or create a ticket for that customer.
- The Contact info can also be used for Quote Distribution.
- User Defined Fields: Setup under Gear Icon (top right) > User Defined Fields. (See more at our article on UDFs)
Credit Status: This is used to set a default payment type for a customer.
- Open: New orders default to Charge Hide $ and all active orders set to Charge Hide $ payment type.
- Cash: New orders default to Cash and all active orders set to Cash payment type
- Do Not Sell: Adds (DNS) to the customer name, new orders default to Inactive status, and all Active orders are set to Inactive status.
Tip: When the Credit Status is switched from Do Not Sell, all Inactive orders are set to the Active status.
Importing External Customers (from Outside Fast-Weigh)
- Navigate to Resources > Customers
- Click the [+ External Customers ] button.
- Upload your Customer import file.
Configure the parameters below the table
- Click Save to add the imported Customers into Fast-Weigh.
Adding & Managing Tax Codes 🎥
Fast-Weigh Web Portal Tax Codes Click here for more Fast-Weigh training videos. Define all tax codes used within your company’s various locations. Tax codes should correspond with those set up in your third-party accounting system. If your ...
Adding & Managing Trucks & Haulers 🎥
Fast-Weigh Web Portal Before new Trucks can be added to your Fast-Weigh system, you must have one or more Haulers to attach them to. In most cases, the Hauler is a carrier, trucking company, or customer who owns the truck(s) you will be ticketing. ...
Adding & Managing Products
Fast-Weigh Web Portal Product Categories Product categories are useful if your company has a large number of products that need to be organized by type. Categories can be used to separate reports to show broader sales comparisons. Note: Product ...
Adding & Managing Locations
Fast-Weigh Web Portal Fast-Weigh has a 3-tier operating location structure: Regions, Locations, and Yards. This allows flexibility for companies of all sizes to manage their production. You may have as many or as few of each structure as you need to ...
Adding & Managing Payment Terms & Billing Modes
Fast-Weigh Web Portal Set up your payment terms and billing modes. These terms and codes should be set up in conjunction with your Accounts Receivable Terms Codes. If your organization will be using direct QuickBooks Online integration, click here ...