Scale House Setup Checklist
Fast-Weigh 10 Desktop Ticketing Application
To find out if you are ready to run Fast-Weigh 10 Desktop at your scale house, please go through this hardware checklist:
- My scale house PC has at least 4GB of RAM and 64GB of hard drive space
- My weight indicator has an RS-232 serial output attached to it, and I have a standard USB-serial adapter to connect the weight indicator to a USB port.
Alternatively, you can broadcast data from the weight indicator to the PC via IP network.
- My scale house PC has enough USB slots for a mouse, keyboard, printer (if not networked), and the USB-serial adapter (if not broadcasted over IP).
- My scale house PC has the latest version of Windows 10. (Be sure to run Windows Update prior to your install).
- I have a Windows 10-compatible printer for printing tickets at the scale house.
- I have ordered perforated 8.5" x 11" paper in my chosen ticket format. (e.g. 3-part perforated ticket paper)
- I have all the required specs for my weight indicator on-hand, including the Baud Rate, Parity, Data Bits, and Stop Bits.
Typical Setup Diagram
If you were unable to complete this checklist, please visit one of these articles to learn more about the FW10 Desktop hardware requirements: