Billing: Batching Tickets & Creating Invoices
Fast-Weigh 10 Web Portal
Fast-Weigh 10 features a flexible billing system that integrates with third-party accounting systems. This section allows you to organize groups of tickets into batches for invoicing a customer. Once a batch is defined, the system will automatically generate invoice numbers and group tickets into invoices. You can change settings for how invoices are created under Administration >> Portal Settings >> Billing Settings.
Near the top of the portal, click on Billing. You will see two tabs: New Billing and Billing History.
Under the New Billing tab, users can query tickets by a number of different search parameters and produce filtered groups of tickets to assign to a custom batch. Typically, this would be done on a daily or weekly basis to correspond with your organization’s customer billing cycle.
- Query: Define a query based upon your company’s billing structure to view the orders and tickets to be billed. For each order, you can view product pricing, as well as each individual tickets produced for that order. Before moving on, you should verify the data and make any changes as needed. Updates to pricing or tax codes will automatically update and be corrected on the order selected.
- Batch #: Once tickets have been verified, assign them a batch number via the field at the top right of the table. Generally, this batch number will be in a date or Region + date format. For example: A batch created for a region named “West” on 10/15/2016 could be batched as W-101516. This field is limited to 10 characters.
Important: Once tickets have been assigned to a batch, they can no longer be edited under Ticket Query or Ticket Bulk Edit, and pricing on those tickets'can no longer be changed. If tickets need to be edited, you must fist clear the batch (see below), and re-batch after editing.
Once a batch has been created, the tickets will be removed from the New Billing field and placed inside a batch file in the Billing History section. From here, you can clear batches or individual invoices to make any last second changes.
Based on your settings, you can transmit tickets to your third-party accounting system as follows:
- Export/Transmit: This method allows you to post invoices directly to your accounting system.
Tip: Fast-Weigh 10 supports direct transmission of invoices to both Viewpoint Spectrum Accounts Receivable/Job Requisition and QuickBooks Online without needing to import files or third-party import tools.
- Clear: Use this if you need to clear the batch so you can re-batch under the New Billing tab.
- Print: Allows you to print a PDF copy of a selected Invoice Batch.
- Email: You can now email invoices directly to customers! Before using this feature, you will need to go to Resources >> Customers and Edit the customer to add their Invoice Email to their customer profile.
- You may also clear, print, or email individual invoices within a batch by clicking the small black arrow to the left of the batch row.
Fast-Weigh Billing & Invoicing is an optional feature add-on. To add Billing & Invoicing to your Fast-Weigh subscription, contact us today at 865-219-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.